Here's a whipped face cream recipe that's easy to make and feels luxurious on your skin:
- 1/2 cup of shea butter
- 1/4 cup of sweet almond oil
- 1/2 Drop (0.5 ml) Vitamin E oil
- 10-15 drops of your favorite essential oil (optional)
- Melt the shea butter in a double boiler over low heat. Once melted, remove from heat and let it cool to room temperature.
- Add sweet almond oil AND the Vitamin E oil to the melted shea butter and mix well.
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes until it starts to solidify but is still soft.
- Add the essential oil (if using) and use a hand mixer to whip the mixture until it's light and fluffy. You can also use a stand mixer or a hand whisk, but it may take longer to achieve the desired consistency.
- Transfer the whipped face cream to a clean jar with a lid.
This whipped face cream is rich and moisturizing, perfect for dry or aging skin. The sweet almond oil helps to nourish and soften the skin, while shea butter provides intense hydration and protection. Vitamin E is a natural preservative that can protect your skin from UV & other free radicals. You can use any essential oil that suits your skin type and personal preference, but lavender, frankincense, and rose are popular choices for their calming and rejuvenating properties.